This year the Forum’s international experts will speak why it’s not possible for Ukraine to approach the EU without the rule of law, anticorruption, transparency and accountability of state authorities to the society.
The Forum’s Program consists of two days (November 22-23) and includes:
22 November (Friday)
9:45 - 13:30. Session «What does good governance mean?»
- Melanie SULLY, Head of “Go-Governance”, Austria Dr Ashraf ALI, President at FATA Research Center, Pakistan
- Gaspar BERGMAN, a Human Development Adviser in the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator for Ukraine
- Volodymyr LAVRENCHUK, Chairman of the Board of Raiffeisen Bank Aval, Ukraine
- Qimiao FAN, Country Director for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, World Bank
- Rene BEBEAU, Senior project officer of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine
11:45 – 12:30. Session «Dimensions of Good Governance». Part І - «The rule of law».
- Stephan de SPIEGELEIRE, Senior Defense Scientist, The Hague Center for Strategic Studies, Netherlands
- Tetyana MAZUR, Director at Amnesty International in Ukraine
- Arkadiy BUSCHENKO, Director at Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union
12:30 – 13:30. Session «Dimensions of Good Governance». Part ІІ - «Transparency and accountability».
- Adrian KENDRY, Head of Defence and Security Economics in Political Affairs and Security Policy Division at NATO Headquarters
- Iryna SUSHKO, Head of “Europe without borders”
- Olga TYMCHENKO, Communications Department Head at Transparency International in Ukraine
14:30 – 16:00. Special session «Vilnius opens new stars on the horizon of the European Union?»
Presentation «Recommendations for Successful Development of Ukraine» by James SHERR, Senior Fellow at Chatham House (the U.K.).
- Arseniy YATSENYUK, Founder of Open Ukraine Foundation, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (2007), Member of Parliament of Ukraine
- Maria YURIKOVA, Deputy Head of EU Delegation to Ukraine
- Petras VAITIEKUNAS, Ambassador of Lithuania to Ukraine
- Pavol HAMZIK, Ambassador of Slovak Republic to Ukraine
16:00 - 16:15. Press-Briefing for the media
16:15 – 17:00. Session «Scope of Good Governance», part III «Corruption».
- Dr. Ashraf ALI, President at FATA Research Center, Pakistan
- Giorgi KLDIASHVILI, Director, Institute for development of freedom of information, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Vitaliy SHABUNIN, The Anti-Corruption Action Centre
November 23 (Saturday)
9:30 - 19:00. Practical workshops and trainings for participants. Within these activities young experts will gain new skills for creating and presenting their own projects.
The 2-nd Kyiv Youth Security Forum will take place on November 22-23, 2013 in Kyiv at Riviera Hotel, 15 Sagaydachnogo str. (terrace, 7 floor).
Accreditation for the media for participation in the Forum will be open until 6:00 p.m., November 21.
Contacts for the media: Kateryna Korobtseva, tel.: 220 18 40, mobile.: 050 331 62 06, [email protected]
Youth Kyiv Security Forum for Youth (KSF-Y) is an initiative of the Open Ukraine Foundation, which aims at creation of a discussion platform for young experts from different countries on important issues of international relations and foreign policy of Ukraine. The main objective of the Forum is to strengthen the role of new generation of experts, enhance their abilities to participate in policy analysis and development processes. For more information, please follow: http://ksf.openukraine.org/
Open Ukraine Foundation is international charity foundation establish for strengthening public diplomacy and development of Ukraine’s reputation in the world. The Foundation is approaching its goals through implementing of the key programs: International Dialogue, Cultural Horizons and Young Leaders. The Foundation is an organization of a wide range of benefactors and consolidates around people who cares about Ukraine’s reputation and its future. More details on the Foundation may be found on the web-page: http://openukraine.org