Grants for translation of Ukrainian modern literature
The BOOK FUND is a part of the “Cultural Horizons” Program to promote Ukrainian culture abroad.
The Open Ukraine Foundation is the only foundation in Ukraine which provides grants for the translation of contemporary Ukrainian literature into foreign languages. The translation of Ukrainian publications enhances Ukraine’s image in the world and fosters intercultural dialogue, as well as the exchange of cultural values through literature.
Books published in 2011:
- The literary work “12 Rings” by the prominent Ukrainian writer Yuri Andrukhovych was published in Bulgaria in March 2011 under the auspices of the Open Ukraine Foundation.
- In December 2011, the Foundation provided financial assistance for the Polish translation of the latest novel by Vasyl Slapchuk – “Woman Made of Snow”. The book was published in Poland in March 2012.
Books published in 2010:
- “Sweet Darusia” by Maria Matios was published in Polish in April 2010. The book was presented in Poland during April-May in author’s presence.
- “Twelve Rings” by Yuri Andrukhovych was issued in Bulgaria in March 2011.
Books published in 2009:
- «Express Ukraine», an anthology of Ukrainian small prose, translated into Czech, presented at the National Library of the Czech Republic in January 2009
- «Without a Man» by Eugeniya Kononenko, a collection of stories translated into Russian presented in June in Moscow.
- «Cult» by Lubko Deresh, France, presented in June 2009, in stores in August 2009.
- «Spring Games in the Autumn Garden» by Yuri Vynnychuk in Bulgarian, issued in October.
- «Red Elvis» by Sergiy Zhadan, issued in Russian in October in St. Petersburg.
- «Geography of the Single Shot» by Andriy Kurkov, Bosnia and Herzegovina, in stores since June 2009.
Partner of the program: